Task 1b- Professional Communication Technologies- Web 2.0


At first read of section 1 in the Module 1 handbook, Web 2.0 sounded like a completely new concept that I was just learning about now. On a second read I see Web 2.0 has many communication platforms I use every day! Social Networking sites I use include: Blogs and Skype = BAPP programme, Facebook and Instagram = personal and professional sharing of my life and information from others I am 'facebook friends' with or 'follow' on Instagram.
I read Syanne Day's Blog and noticed she had listed the important professional sites and forums she uses from Web 2.0, I have done the same to understand the impact of social networking platforms.
Facebook private group- The Hustle
http://balletcompanies.com/Countries/Auditions.php
https://www.danceeurope.net/content/auditionsjobs
http://dancingopportunities.com/
http://www.networkdance.com/
https://www.article19.org/


As a dancer I have always used communication via email, sending my CV and images for auditions, contacting photographers for new professional movement photos. More recently auditions are asking for a video link, without Web 2.0 platforms, sharing this video would not be possible! Watsapp is another great platform where I have been offered jobs at short notice, you can send photos and videos very quickly and if an employer needs to give in depth information they can send voice notes or even call, group chats can be created to share information to the whole cast.

My summery of each of the 3 core competencies of  Tim O'Reilly's Meme Map...
1. Architectures of Participation
'Web 2.0 reduces barriers' (Hamilton 2000) this means the process of collaboration, sharing and interaction is quicker and easier and participation can be active and passive where users can comment, critique, share and remix information!

2. Remixable data and transformation
'The consumer is also the producer' (Valtysson, 2010, p.205)This is where the term 'Prosumer' came from.
Web 2.0 has a simple and quick to load Interface (meaning even my parents have managed to use it!) Produsage (Bruns 2007) = Allowing users to interact formally or informally with each other from a range of backgrounds (pro to amateur), wide community of participants, artefacts are contently under development. I feel these ideas are the biggest improvement and advantage of Web 2.0 compared to Web 1.0 which is a one way communication between the creator and the reader.

3.Harnessing Collective Intelligence
Web 2.0 platforms provide users with 3 of Gruber's processes- communicating through software, allowing people to find and search information and other users adding intelligence and feedback to make the system continuously better!


Ethical Considerations...
Circo Tihany ask it employees not to post images in our costumes on Facebook, at first I did not understand why they would not want us to promote the Circus and show our family and friend that we keep in contact with via Facebook. After reading Reader 1, I understand that Circo Tihany want to choose the was in which they promote the 'image' of the circus and can also deal with any comments made in a negative light to 'post'.

Employees have told me that they have checked my Facebook before hiring my to get an understanding of my likes and dislikes and my character for this reason it is so important not to put anything unethical on my facebook and keep my social networking sites professional even if they are for personal use!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Current Networks-Task 3A