Participants for the questionnaires- Module 3




Making the questionnaire user friendly.........

1. Time is always limited in the arts industry so I have tried to make the questionnaire a completion time of 15-20 minutes.

2. I will aim to send the questionnaires on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday as I know these are common days off for theatres/productions.

3. I have designed the questionnaire so there is only one word answer or multiple choice to save time, this will also help me to compare the data quantitatively in a graph or pie chart format.

4. Many of the dance captains are not native English speaker, I have used simplistic language for those who have English as their second language.

5. I want to accommodate different mediums participants could receive and fill out the questionnaire.
a) Print out the questionnaire to fill out circling by the multiple choice options and writing their answers in pen and then scanning the document back to me
b) Not everyone will have access to a printer, therefore I have suggested participants to highlight/ change the colour of the text for selected options which is easily done on word documents.
c) Editing a word document is easiest on a laptop, to accommodate those who do not have access to a computer/ laptop I have numbered the questions 1, 2, 3... ect and lettered the multiple choice options a) b) c)...ect. this means the participant can send me an email back with the number of the question and their corresponding answer whether it be a one word answer, yes or no option or writing the letter of the multiple choice answer they choose.

The layout of my questionnaire gives the participants a range of options 5a, b, or c to fill out my questionnaire. I will send the description of the suggested methods to fill out the questionnaires along with the participant consent form. I want all communication to be via email and I will ask them to reply and direct any questions to my personal email address.

Tips.. I have been careful to keep the questions ethically anonymous – not asking the participants name, age, gender or even the specific name of their place of work. The questionnaire is designed to gather more factual information which I will then use to try to question or identify a theme and develop further questions and gather assumptions from the literature.The interview questions are to identify feelings and experiences told to me so I can understand from a story and lived experience.

Comments

  1. Thank you for these tips. They are useful along many areas within the dance field. Another method for data collection (and one that I am using is google drive) This not only allows me to collect the results on just the one platform but it also allows me to collate the information quickly and effectively.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Current Networks-Task 3A