27.09.18 Skype call- Module 2 focus - Researching and mapping to build understanding.

Where to start when mapping out and beginning to find an Inquiry??? READ, READ, READ!!! 
Literature review is an overview of the field of my Inquiry, reading to find out what I can learn from what is already out there! Seeking alternative retrospectives from people who are more experienced and done the research in the field of my inquiry, I can use Web 2.0 such as blogs or google scholar articles and reviews and also my current networks in my professional practice. I am trying to build a broader picture of the world around my inquiry.

After reading the handbook a couple of times I kept coming back to the idea of 'What is the role of a Dance Captain'. Starting to read literature about Dance Captains it has opened up many different approaches I could take to assess Dace Captains... for example.... What are the differences between a Ballet Mistress and a Dance Captain?... How do dancers respond to a dance captain?...What are the qualifications and qualities need to become a dance captain?

It was also helpful to get feedback and questions about my field of inquiry from my peers, they suggested I think about, how other dancers would treat me if I was a dance captain? How do the methods of leadership differ from a ballet mistress role to a dance captain?
 
The skype call helped me remember that fundamentally my inquiry needs to be centred around my professional practice and what will be helpful in developing it! 
I will now continue to read literature with keywords including teamwork, leadership, interactions, authority and relationships. I want to look further into 'What makes a good dance captain and why is this role import for me to develop my professional practice. I will focus on my aspirations to successfully transition from dancer to a authoritative/ leadership role within my professional practice and how my inquiry will help me to develop and grow.

Thank you to everyone in the skype call for your support!



Comments

  1. Hi Nicole, I was just reading your post and found your topic intriguing. During my Skype call the others were talking more or less about the same focus point as one another and they were discussing mental health and how things can effect us mentally, maybe you could look at the mental impact that could relate to been a dance captain in terms of the pressure that is on you not only as a dancer but as a person in a leadership role. You mentioned the different methods of leadership could the different methods have an impact on how others do perceive you. I hope this could possibly give you another branch to look into :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Current Networks-Task 3A