Skype session 20.03.18

In this Skype session we mainly discussed Module 1, reader 2.
I discussed that I have been doing the same show for 7 months and find at the end of each day when I go to write my journal I don't have much to write about. Turns out I was not alone in feeling a little stuck.
Adesolaa suggested some questions we should ask ourselves...
Why am I writing a Journal? What is the purpose of journal writing? Why is it something encouraged in BAPP?
From these questions we concluded that, the experience is not important the important part of journal writing and could be the same experience every day, but it is how we reflect (feelings, emotions, what we learn) on the experience. 1. Having an experience 2.reviewing the experience 3.concluding from the experience 4.planning the next step (taking action to better our professional practice)!

Also we discussed how different the BAPP programme is preparing us to motivate ourselves- for example if you are given a specific role, we need to take action researching the character and practising the role ourselves to always bring 'your best self' the the audition or job. Compared to usual learning where we are given a step by stet action plan and 'told what to do'.
Skype discussions and writing/commenting on blogs is a way the BAPP programme helps us not to feel alone- these are our community communication platforms.

I hope this is helpful for anyone who couldn't make the session!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Current Networks-Task 3A