Module 3- Stories to be heard

I took a look at Adesolas blog 'Thoughts on people and interviews' I have decided to blog about my views on the link in relation to my inquiry.

https://www.ted.com/talks/dave_isay_everyone_around_you_has_a_story_the_world_needs_to_hear

*My experiences lead to my inquiry idea
*Using existing professional networks initially made the data collection possible for my research project.
*The individuals used for my data collection formed a new layer to my existing circle of networks- The networking process has given me an 'in' to a number of dance captains who I could contact and reach out to for support if I develop to the dance captain position.
*The use of networking as a community for dance captains is even more important from discovering the lack of literature available to look at about the position for guidance. Additionally the lack of support in the position in terms of a preparation and procedure carried out in the role or a transition period or even a handbook like this course provides. Networking could provide a Web 2.0 support system transitioning to the dance captain role or as a way of development in the position.
*Dave Isay says interviewing is a great opportunity for "Shining a light on people who are rarely heard from on media". True to my inquiry interviewing was critical due to the lack of literature. I perceive the reason dance captain have not been "heard" is because of a lack of appreciation on people who are performing the ongoing duties as a dance captain which are actually critical for the productions success.
*I noticed participants were thankful for being chosen to take part in the data collection process, simplistic and unpublished as my data will be, they appreciated the opportunity to be heard and recognised in their job role. I wonder why are theorists or publishers not giving recognising the niche of dance captains in so many industry or giving them value to be heard?
* Interviewing and listening to the voice recording has been a tool to see the participants as relatable humans with emotions.
*Constructing the information gathered in an essay format takes away from the impression I got listening to the recording to hear their tone and get to know a part of their personality. The practice-based artefact is an opportunity to represent the research project in a more approachable form for fellow dancers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Reflecting on my module 2 inquiry planning process