Module 3 Skype call- Analysis and synthesis

On march 12, 2019 Adesola described the central place of analysis by thinking about it as a 'meaning making process'.

Module 2 highlighted that quantitative data is counting the numbers and putting them in a graph or pie chart to see what they represent. Qualitative data tries to understand what the information is saying and finding meaning of what I am doing for my inquiry.

Analysis of the inquiry can be looked at from many perspectives some we discussed on the skype call:
*How did I utilise the data collection tools
*Reflecting on how I performed as an interviewer
*How would I feel if I was the one being interviewed
*What does the data indicate to me personally
*Could I make an analysis chart/table
*What information wasn't I expecting
*What do I wish I had thought of before since completing data collection
*Did the interview/questionnaire trigger past experiences 

The analysis process is about recognising the information as it comes up, comparing it to existing literature and my experiences: TRIANGULATION

It is important to acknowledge if participants reveal unexpected information, act upon it by going back to literature to discover more and seeing if there there is any existing literature to support the participants opinion or if it is a new line of discovery and perspective on the inquiry title.

Analysis time is the creative and a messy period of the research project, following different ideas and trying to find a pathway of where it takes me in my inquiry. There have been further question emerged from my data collection and a depth of topics to search in different areas, I have been pushed into different directions of thinking. All of the discoveries and triangulation I make have importance but some of these thoughts/ directions/ additional questions will have to be put on the back burner.

After this skype call I have decided to put less charts and pie charts from my questionnaire findings and reveal in my essay questions that have emerged and deepening the triangulation. I will sieve through to find the most valuable emerged themes to me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Reflecting on my module 2 inquiry planning process