15th November- Module 2 skype call

The topic of the skype call was:What happens if you are unable to interview as a form of data collection for module 3?

1. Literature- information about others experiences or personal experiences e.g. journals/diaries, interviews published in magazines or articles. 

2. Seminars- talks within the field of inquiry; group talks and also on Web 2.0 platforms e.g. YouTube and websites/blogs.

3. Critical reflective journals of my experiences. 

Comparing themes presented across these different platforms is the analysis process which gives meaning to the whole data collection process.

This skype call prompted us to consider how interviews may not be the best method to collect data, but why?
 We discussed how sometimes people are not always good at seeing what is happening in their life. Also we talked about if it was really necessary to generate new material if there is already lots of data in my field of inquiry? 

In my literature review I have established interviews presented in magazines is where I gathered most of my information in my field of inquiring. Although there is already existing the role of a dance captain my inquiry there is a lack of information specifically relating to my inquiry topic, I believe this because there was not the  right type interview questions to prompt the response to gather data for analysis in my inquiry. 
I conclude I will still use interviewing as a method for data collection. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Current Networks-Task 3A