Blogging my progression for my inquiry

Module 2 handbook has a lot of content so I decided to print it out and add notes. Each time I repeat the cycle reading the 6 steps to build a practised based Inquiry, I use a different colour for my notation. This distinguish the progress I made and to address the questions/wonders I have made each time I re-read.

Initially I wanted my Inquiry to be about 'how do dancers respond to a dance captain?' I soon discovered when trying to find literature relating this inquiry there was not enough established artists who had wrote about it to help me progress in my inquiry.
I found a great project report where Jill Gorrie chronicles her advancement from dancer to dance captain to choreographer. ('From dance captain to choreographer- crossing the professional bridge', Jill Gorrie, 2014) This literature gave me the historical context of when the dance captain role was formed and all of the duties/ responsibilities of the job set by Actors Equity Association. The idea of a dance captain role being a stepping stone for development for example to a choreographer in the industry was very interesting, and caused me to wonder how a dance captain position could advance my career.
 The article also references other established dance captains- I then searched their name and found more literature about their experience as a dance captain, and so it continued with this chain until I had formed around 15 artists who had been interviewed/ blogged/ wrote an article about their experience as a dance captain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Current Networks-Task 3A