Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Everyone knows how important a CV is, it shows a potential employer you 'dance history' and information about your body before you even participate in the dance part of the audition! (this is a really scary concept for me!)
Writing my CV as a Professional Profile made my evaluate my current CV very closely. Attending 2 vocational schools from the age of 11 meant I had many 'end of year performances' and 'child roles in professional companies'. Although some of these performances had respected choreographers and directors (and felt like yesterday to me)  I have come to realise that these shows were still part of my training and not my 'Professional Performances and Employment'

I have now also formed 2 separate CV's, one that I use to send for ballet/ contemporary companies and the other for cruise ship/show girl jobs. I decided to do this because the requirements and important information to list is very different for these genres of dance.
I have used colour to separate the sections of my professional profile and to keep it neat and organised. Looking at other colleagues blogs I noticed most people listed the 'date/year' first, followed by the 'job title' 'location' and 'choreographer', therefore I have now changed my listing to this format as it appears much neater.
Here I have uploaded my first draft of my Professional Showgirl Profile.
I welcome any advice on how to improve my first draft!


Comments

  1. Good point to have different CVs for different situations. Please make sure your correct address/post code is not on the demo. here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree, different CVs for different situations. Dance is a visual art form and a piece of paper or letter on a computer is just that words. When I worked with Union Dance Company we auditioned dancers many times and CVs are just one aspect seeing the person move in a studio and talking to them during the interview process you get the 'feel' of the whole person. CV is just the beginning. More experience the better on your CV as that is what future employer look for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Current Networks-Task 3A