Module 3-Focusing to form questions for interviews.

When I began to brainstorm interview questions for my inquiry I was getting carried away. Over excitement is inevitable with a practice-based inquiry because it is a topic I really care about. Therefore I thought a blog to structure key points to think about to form an approach and guidelines to consider when creating interview questions would be helpful....

*Interviews are a qualitative method of research therefore I need to be mindful to ask questions and value the participants thoughts, feelings and lived experience.
*Try not to make assumptions- my thoughts are not what every dance captain might think or believe to be true
*There are both mental and physical elements to the duties of a dance captain so I need to equally inquire about their approach to both aspects.
* Ask questions about the dance captains job which can help me grow as a freelance dancer, this is important to identify opportunities, learning and reflect upon the inquiry process.
*Narrow down my unique learning needs and find a way to obtain the information for my benefit and improvement in my practice.
* Consider how my relationship with the interviewee may distort the truth- Reflective
*For each participant I will need to establish the context in which they were dance captains including; setting, background, framework, environment and circumstances.
*Authenticity will be key. recognising if the current experience the interviewee is taking about relates and smoothly links to an interview question that may not have initially been in the order that the interview could alter.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Theory- Task 2c

Task 1A -Professional Profile/ CV

Current Networks-Task 3A